Deception

I have kept my mouth shut on this subject because I personally do not want to get into a debate with people and their opinions I am just stating mine.  You don’t have to agree with me as I don’t have to agree with you and this will probably be the only time I post something somewhat political.  I personally don’t agree with all the dang protesting something I was brought up to respect.  

First, I will always stand for the anthem out of respect for the men and women who have fought (like my Grandpa Aragon) and continue to fight for our freedom here in America. Now there has been people around us at Lions games that sit silently in their protest.  They don’t distract me, they have never spewed hate when I have stood.  

Second, part of the song that we don’t sing as there is much more to the song, is:  
O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

With that being said did you notice the Motto is supposed to be “In God is our trust”?While everyone is out there making a big deal out of who took a knee.  We are all missing the bigger picture and to me the biggest concern.  Satan is a man of deception:  He shows you that the majority of the people in the world, along with the great and mighty of the world, do not worship the Lord. Satan will ask, “Don’t you see that the great, the rich, the honorable, the intellectual elite, the wise, the most honored, and the sheer majority of people do not trouble themselves with worshipping the Lord? You would be much better off to be like them. After all, why would you think that you, of all people, have this figured out?” To have success here he will intentionally draw your attention away from Exodus 23:2 and many similar passages: “You shall not fall in with the many to do evil, nor shall you bear witness in a lawsuit, siding with the many, so as to pervert justice.”

He fills your mind with unimportant and distracting thoughts while you are attempting to worship. He afflicts you with so much distraction and futility that you are tempted to say, “I have no desire to hear from the Lord in his Word, no desire to speak to him in prayer, no desire to spend time with other Christians in worship services.” He crowds out the very thought of worship by the sheer weight of lesser concerns.

I don’t know about you but in order for us to be united we need to be just that united.  The more people let Satan distract the world with nonsense the more we are torn apart.  This is his plan.  

Jocelyn


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

gifts in a jar.

Recipe book